Cupcakes are the most fun desserts to bake because you can decorate it however you want, make it look colorful and playful, at least for me what I enjoyed the most was to top the cupcakes with cute decorations. It’s easy to make and always great to bake with your friends or your kids.
9 cupcakes | Preparation : 30 min | Bake : 15 min
- 55 g of softened butter
- 75 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 130 g of flour
- 90 ml of milk
- 70 g of dark chocolate
- 30 g of chocolate milk
- 2 Oreo®
For the buttercream
- 170 g of butter
- 230 g of icing sugar
- 3 tps of milk
- 20 g of cacao powder
- Preheat oven at 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Break the Oreo® in small crunches. Do it when it’s still in the packaging.
- While melting the two chocolate separately, mix the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and stir until it’s homogeneous.
- Heat up the milk and stir it into the mixture.
- Separate the batter equitably in three bowls.
- Add the melted dark chocolate in two bowls and the chocolate milk in one.
- Add the Oreo® crunches in one of the two dark chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into 9 cases and bake for about 15-20 minutes depending on your oven. Check after 12 min.
- Let it cool and prepare the buttercream to top it
For the buttercream (make sure to use softened butter)
- In an electric mixer (or in a large bowl then use a hand mixer), put the butter and start by mixing with the lowest power.
- Slowly add the icing sugar and mix with the highest power.
- Add the milk and cream until it’s homogeneous.
- Pop the batter into a pipping bag.
- Pipe it from the outside in and top it with cute decoration or Oreo® crunches.
On the left, it’s chocolate milk, in the middle Oreo® and on the right dark chocolate.